Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Kostenloses Vivox für alle
Smile 
Zitat:Merry Christmas, grid owners — Vivox is now available, for free, to any grid owner.

You get the same voice as in Second Life — with lip synching and directionality and speech indications. Hosted by Vivox. Sets up in minutes. Transparent to your users.

Just send an email to Kamal Jain at Vivox at kamal@vivox.com — tell him I sent you.

It’s part of their plan to reach out to the small guy.

This is not to be confused with the deals that Kitely and Avination have with Vivox — those are separate, corporate agreements.

Boston-based Vivox Inc. is currently the gold standard of in-world voice, used not only in Second Life, but also in EVE Online, EverQuest, Star Wars Galaxies, DC Universe Online and in many other massively online multiplayer games. The company reported 60 million users as of October of this year.

But with rare exceptions, OpenSim users have been too small too bother with. Until now.

“Vivox is ready to work with any OpenSim operator out there,” Kamal Jain, Vivox’s director of network operations, told me. “From my point of view, nobody is too small for us.”

For example, he said, he got an email from a guy who got together with a few of his friends. ”He said, ‘I have a 20-person OpenSim grid — can we get voice?’ and I said sure, and set them up.”

Hier gefunden:
http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2011/12...x-for-all/

Prima sacheSmile
na,ja,..so ganz free nun auch ned,..bleibe lieber bei "Freeswitch?^^

Zitat:Hello Dorena,

Thank you for writing.

Please allow me to clarify what Maria has written on HyperGrid Business, as "Free Vivox for all" is a bit misleading, and we don't want any uncertainty, though from your email I believe you understand the details already.

Vivox is a business, and to that end we work with customers and partners to forge commercial deals so everyone can hopefully make some money.

What I am doing is creating a pool of resources to make them AVAILABLE FOR FREE to small grid operators who qualify by their size and/or non-profit status. From what you have written, it certainly seems we can set you up with this offering.

These voice resources will allow small grid and region operators/managers to offer the best integrated voice solution in the world to their users, but they will share the following traits:

* Non-disclosure and terms of service agreements must be signed.
* There will be no support.
* There will be no SLA.
* There will be no premium features available, such as voice morphing, voicemail, PSTN integration, etc.
* The resources will be shared by all users of all grids taking advantage of this offering, so while the odds are small, naming and other resource conflicts are possible.

Those missing things above are only available with commercial terms, which we are happy, as always, to arrange.

Based on the above, please let me know how you would like to proceed, and also print, complete, sign, scan and email back copies of the attached non-disclosure and services agreements so that we may move forward. It should be as easy as 1-2-3!

Until I can get a web page in place to do the same, I do need the agreements as attached, and then we can set you up.

Cheers,
Kamal
Nö, is doch umsonst, bis auf paar Features, die die Welt net braucht...
Voice-Mails... eeeeeeeeeeeek, die "Heuler" aus Harry Potter, ich lach mich wech.
Musst halt e Formular ausfüllen und zuückschicken...
I have to leave said the leaf and left to the left

hg.osgrid.org:80:Klarakunterbunt
Ach was,wir behalten Freeswitch,das ist vom Konzept her schon freiWink
Na,ja,..mal schauen,..aus technischem Interesse eventuell testen,..obwohl mich das mit der Unterschrift ziemlich abschreckt
Hab irgendwo gelesen, das vivox ca 40€pro region verlangt wenn man es kommerziell nutzt. Das ist bei OpenSim schon eine große summe wenn man bedenkt was normalerweise eine durchscnitts region zum mieten kosten...

Ich sehe daher keinen Ausweg als Freeswitch oder eine Alternative weiter zu entwickeln. Freeswitch bietet sich da schon an, keine Addons werden viewerseitig benötigt und Freeswitch hat viele Schnittstellen die fürs programmieren sehr hilfreich sind. Werde mal im kommenden Jahr eine liste anfangen was noch alles gemacht werden muss damit es voll einsatzfähig wird...
Also bei uns scheint Freeswitch zu laufen. Wüsste nicht was wir von Vivox hätten. Voice ist eh etwas was man sehr selten nutzt. Und dafür das Freeswitch OpenSorcre ist past es auch find ich super zu OS. Finde schonmal eine öffnung interessant aber was gilt in OS als Kommerziell? Wenn auf der SIM etwas für OMC oder OS$ verkauft wird? Oder wenn man eine SIM für reales geld vermietet? Kommerziell kann bei sowas vieles sein selbst im OSgrid. Finde solche sachen machen das ganze ziemlich seltsam.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Linda Kellie verlässt alle Grids Dorena Verne 24 32.697 21.08.2012, 22:05
Letzter Beitrag: Ezry Aldrin

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste